Have you ever seen a great comment in your LinkedIn feed but you have been distracted and when you return you can’t find it for the life of you? When you have many connections, the newsfeed moves fast but its actually easy to find the thread as long as you know who started it.
All you need to do is to pop over to your connections profile and hover over the “Send a message” button. You will then be able to select “view recent activity”. Provided they have been active in the past two weeks you should be able to get back in the loop.
On the mobile app “recent activity” will show under any published posts. If you cant see the words “recent activity” then that person most likely hasn’t posted or commented on any stories in the past two weeks or they have restricted their privacy settings.
This works for viewing your own recent activity too – on the app your activity will show under your posts, and on your computer you can click on PROFILE in the navigation bar and choose “your updates” from the drop down box, or click on the dropdown box beside the blue “view profile as” button.
There are many reasons to have a look here every now and then (in a politely interested and networking kind of way, not stalky!). Here are a couple:
- If you are about to have a meeting with a connection, you can get a quick update on what has been capturing their interest lately
- Find interesting articles to share from favoured connections
- See if they have started new projects or updated their profile
- Join in a new conversation
- Find that article you already commented on to see what the latest comments are.
I hope that little tip helps you navigate a little more easily.
(this post first appeared on Linkedin in August 2015)